Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Song I wrote

The name of it is "Water's Edge," after the beach resort in Westbrook, CT. This song is kinda... eh, it is what is.

D

You rent me an inner tube

E

you buy me calamari

G
you take me to see a cover band

D
give me money for the arcade.



D
You tell me my room

E
at the resort that we're staying

G
will have movies playing

D
that have only just played

C
in the theatres.

A7
well wilikers, how futuristic



G

And y'know I think I wanna be

A7

At home with my dvds

G
And I know I'm not at Water's edge

A7
everyday

G

at home I have musical instruments, n' things that aren't

E7
in danger of getting disgusting, and dusted, and encrusted with mounds of mud and sand


G


D
You and I wait until low

E
tide to see the sandbar

G
appearing out of nowhere

D
like dog shit under a shoe


D
We walk on the sandbar to Jackson's island

E
and I'm pleasantly surprised and

G
the seashells and tourists that ask how my tour was, the staffers who're silent and smile and make sure

G7
I'm in good health, high spirits, deliri-ous-, ly full of calamari and laughing

A7
and enjoying my stay

D
I decide it's not that bad here.

No comments:

Post a Comment