Wednesday, December 19, 2012

NEW SH*T

- There's kinda a fine line between a pile of corpses and a cuddle puddle, ya know?





- I've read “women are only very slightly more likely to gossip compared with men.” That doesn't seem true after hearing the way Debra blabbermouths.





- I wanna be a gangster rapper named “Blabbamouthed Gossip,” but all the honeys and floozys will just call me “Blabba.”





- I'm about to be a hundred pages through this Eric Clapton book. That's one-thirds done. Just saying I'm one-thirds proud of myself.





- I'm peace-loving. By that I mean I love Reese's Peace's. (Note: needs to be read out loud for optimum fun.)





I wanted to share this interesting thing I read and also there's a shorter version of it below:





In large part traditional Tibetan medicine is grounded in Buddhist philosophy.






American and Tibetan doctors have some practices in common. If Tamdin [(an expert in Tibetan medicine)] were to have a longer consultation with [a] girl, he said he would perform familiar diagnostic tests. He would examine her urine sample and take her pulse, but he also would ask questions that would be the more familiar terrain of a psychologist. He tries to find out if a person is angry or anxious or if someone is becoming too self-centered.






"Tibetans believe in our interconnectedness," said Geshe Lobsang Negi, a former monk who is now director of the Emory-Tibet partnership. "When we lose that perspective -- that we are a kind of little speck that is infinitely connected with the rest of the world -- when we see ourselves as the solid, fixed, all-important center of the universe, we call that ignorance, and that means we are vulnerable to illness."






Several other studies under way are looking at the impact of Tibetan treatments on certain viral illnesses and on hepatitis.






Tamdin believes ignorance is at the root cause of all illness.






"If you think about this, it makes sense," Negi said. "For instance, if you believe you are the center of the universe and someone has something you want, you may become jealous and believe you deserve what that person has."






"You may become so jealous," he added, "you don't sleep at night and you will be stressed. Medical tests have shown there is a biochemical change in your body created by a release of a stress hormone. In Tibetan medicine, it is important to recognize the role the mind can play on our own physical well-being."

No comments:

Post a Comment