Jokes:
- If I was ever starving to death I
would deal with it by telling myself “That's okay.” Who
likes a bitter person, ya know? Bitterness makes things awkward like
nothin' else is what I want to say.
- It's a good thing I value me because
otherwise that shit wouldn't get done.
-”Blurt people blurt people.” -
Parody of Al-Anon slogan “Hurt people hurt people.”
A brief story:
- When I was young-- believe it or
not-- I was a freelance candy salesman...
I bought a bulk bag of candy and walked
around my apartment building...
trying to sell the individual pieces of
candy I had.
I made 25 cents. And you better believe
my business had a headquarters...
in a cardboard box I put in the living
room!
A last brief story:
- When I was young-- on an impulse-- I
did fundraising for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation on a
whim. That sentence is 100% true and-- I agree-- a bit odd.
I also figured in the back of my mind
that I could count the hours I did walking around and asking for money for JDRF (those community service hours) could count towards my Bar
Mitzvah requirement for doing community service but it was years
before I was thirteen so I found out no it does not.
Anyway, I just decided it would be a
good use of time and a good thing to do. I spent a lot of hours doing
that fundraising around my apartment building; but I think a lot of
young people's whims involve graffiti as opposed to revolving around
JDRF.
I just walked around that apartment
building trying to raise money for them and I got a lot of reactions
from people like “You better not be pocketing this, kid.” In fact,
that's an exact quote.
Anyway, it was a true thing and a weird
thing to remember yourself doing.
Just thoughts:
- Sensitive isn't a bad thing to be...
if you ask me. Indulgent is a bad thing to be, but not sensitive. I
feel like some people get that mixed up.
I like these things in a person, is
all:
- think for yourself
- don't be outstandingly bitter
- a collected person
- non-pitying and non-condescending
- not too much womanly brain chatter
The world's dumbest joke that I found recently that I very much enjoy:
"My wife's jealousy is getting ridiculous. The other day she looked at my calendar and wanted to know who May was." - Rodney Dangerfield
No comments:
Post a Comment