A bit:
This friend of mine...
he says dogs are the shit.
I disagree, though.
I think dogs have a one-track mind.
I think they're obsessed with food and
that's it.
Like, imagine I'm a dog.
I have a tail.
Am I obsessed with food?
Yes.
Am I obsessed with people?
No.
Probably not.
In a small way... fuck dogs.
A thought:
Fuck advice a lil'. I think everyone is going to figure out everything they need to know in due time. In my life -- at the very least-- I have not seen one piece of advice given or taken that has been life-changing or even helpful in a big way.
Quotes I enjoy (paraphrased, though):
"Life isn't just wounding, in my experience it's also glorious." - Beth Littleford
"Live your life; no one one else will tell you to." - Pete Holmes
“Give up defining yourself - to yourself or to others. You won't die.
You will come to life. And don't be concerned with how others define
you. When they define you, they are limiting themselves, so it's their
problem. Whenever you interact with people, don't be there primarily as a
function or a role, but as the field of conscious Presence. You can
only lose something that you have, but you cannot lose something that
you are.”
- Eckhart Tolle (This is in place of a much better yet very similar Eckhart Tolle quote I was looking for.)
No comments:
Post a Comment