Friday, July 5, 2013

NEW SH*T

      I like to think when I made the choice to go to BOMB[MUSIC]FEST three years ago it was important.



I don't want to think of myself as just another fuck going to a music festival; I'd like to think it was a help of some kind...



I'd like to focus on my helping that festival pay for its expenses with the ticket fee and that I helped by being a somebody among the crowd listening to their music.



I'd like to think me being there was a cultural moment like when Cyndi Lauper put out “Girls Just Want To Have Fun,” or when the “YMCA,” song became an activist anthem.



The audience there was a patchquilt of all kinds of people. One guy was in a wheelchair, had a mohawk, and was rocking out the whole festival ; I loved that guy too much.



I understand it's not cool to say but in my estimation this guy came to rock out with his cock out and didn't beat around the bush about it. Surely, though, before each performance this guy knew better than to tell the performers “break a leg.”



There were also people of both genders with long hair. I – in a small way-- judge men with to-the-neck long hair but whatever lights your fire...



100% true: I've adopted a koala, have one kidney (intense things) but nothing compares in intensity to seeing Snoop Dogg, Weezer, and Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes in one weekend. Talk about spectacular.

No comments:

Post a Comment