- Europeans speak mega weirdly. You
ever read the way Europeans say something that we say and then you're
like “Why on Earth would you call that the room of
many baths?”
There's a better way.
- “The squeaky wheel gets the
grease.” - Grease companies
- Man, it's a thing to marvel at how
people truly respond to anger when it comes to public speaking.
Even bartenders have to learn to speak
a certain way at bartending school so that they never sound passive.
I would be a little concerned, though,
that one or two bartenders in this country might be over doing it.
Like I would hate to have a bartender say “WHAT CAN I GET YA?!!!”
while sounding like he just got his arm caught in an elevator while
being broken up with by his girlfriend. I don't like angry and in-pain-sounding bartenders.
Side bar: While staying at this resort
Water's Edge with my family I was walking past the arcade and my
luxurious room...
and I saw a guy with just his arms
caught in the resort's elevator and violently screaming.
In the end we were both just fine.
But seeing things like that kinda
messes you up but I think it also makes your appreciate things
and it builds character.
I now appreciate that all two of my
arms are fully not red, near breaking, and caught in elevators.
- My favorite proverb is this African
one that goes “Until the lions produce historians the stories of
the hunt will glorify the hunters.” It makes “An apple a day...”
look turdish.
- In retrospect-- and it's a thing
that's absolutely true and I don't talk about much-- I sure had to
see a lot social workers and principals growing up. Funniest things though:
I remember in fifth grade I would skip
out on Sunday School classes and just walk around my synagogue and
played that computer game “Worms,” on the computers they had in
the library. Absolutely true.
I remember seeing all sorts of
principals named Norma and Barry and all sorts of stuff, not for
things like doing gang graffitti or stuff like that but more for
things like drawing Pikachu in the bible. They weren't a fan of that.
No comments:
Post a Comment