Friday, June 1, 2012

NEW SH*T


A quick non-Hamden Plaza joke:







There's a book about Kurt Cobain called “Cobain Unseen: Mosaic of an Artist.” It has tons of pages of writing and pictures Kurt Cobain created in his lifetime. I hope someday there's a book like that about me. In fact I hope to have a book that one-ups the Kurt Cobain collection. It'll be called “Jacob Unseen: Mosaic of a Smartist.”








Hamden Plaza jokes:






There's a lot that's good about my hometown of Hamden. I particularly like our local music venue-- The Space-- which is a wonderful place for aspiring musicians all around town. One thing that isn't so great is that a number of stores in our shopping plaza are shutting down and cleanliness in the area just isn't seriously, seriously enforced . Especially once stores are out of business. The other day while going for a walk in the area I saw an empty condom wrapper sitting in front of what used to be a Toys R. Us and I thought “That's a shame. Before there always used to just be an empty Seven Eleven Big Gulp cup sitting in front of the store when it was opened... I'm not saying things were phenomenal or impressive in those days but somehow this empty condom wrapper in front of the store now-a-days feels like a huge step down. Somehow. I dunno.”







Additionally, there's a Men's Warehouse where a Blockbuster video used to be. I really preferred being
able to rent Monsters Vs. Aliens 3D than what I have now: the ability to rent Vera Wang tuxes for 3K. I think that the presence of Men's Warehouse has just made the plaza Men's Worsehouse.







Other stuff:







I spent three weeks at a summer camp in Virginia at the University of Virginia and had an experience that was remarkably fun. It's my favorite thing that I've ever done. On weekends friends like Jackson, Jack, Quint, and I would walk to a nearby CVS and get Arizona tea's and we would actually pass Tina Fey's dorm and Edgar Allen Poe's dorm too. It was the neatest. My suite mates during my time there were the absolute coolest and liked a lot of the same music as me, like Bad Brains, Vampire Weekend, B.B. King and a lot more. Oh, and a few people at the summer camp played Banjo... which funnily enough confirmed all the suspicions I had of the state that I came to Virginia with, actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment