Friday, September 21, 2012

NEW SH*T

Jokes:

- I go to a university now and you constantly hear people using university words. Big words. You're walking to class and suddenly you hear a guy go “Introspective,” and you think “Jeepers... that's a big word!” I've been doing a lot of this lately.

- Absolutely true story: one time I got electrocuted and then went to math class. I didn't much care for it. The electrocution was okay but the math...

I was electrocuted when I tried to unplug the surge protector in my bedroom to plug in speakers. Being electrocuted is awfully tingly. I wouldn't want to have that happen again. But new feelings are good even if they're tingly.

- Nazi's ain't so bad if you really consider how much you love a man in uniform.

- I love Amy Winehouse. I really relate to her exquisite sensitivity. And obsessiveness. I mean I'm not doing bumps of coke but I have trouble picking what brand of yogurt to get at the store, so... relatable.

- It's never too late to change. One can always become wiser, kinder, and more loving. Also, I have an Uncle on Viagra so boner-activity can be kicked to the next level, in addition. Ostensibly.


Non-sequitur: Here is a Harold Clurman quote:


“But the reason theatre is mediocre and has been for a long time is... the state of our world... the state of our country... it's mediocre. It's afraid to move. This way or that way. I know I'm right. I may not know the theatre but I know the country. It is afraid to move. It is afraid to progress. It is afraid to be enthusiastic. It is afraid to be wrong. It is afraid to move on. It is afraid to have enthusiasm. It's afraid to take a chance. It is afraid to have courage! This always makes me angry. Because life is a losing game! And you might as well enjoy it. After all, they say you're gonna die. Once in a while they even say it to me. So it's a losing game. But what an adventure! How fun this flop is! You say 'Mr. Clurman is a great idealist.' Which is another way for schmuck! But I tell you I'm not an idealist. To me all this thing is as real as bread and wine. So what are the bad situations? Socially and economically. What is the answer to that? The answer is go ahead and do your darndest to do the things you think are proper to do anyway you know how to do them and to have ideas and ideals that are yours not because they're cultural but because they're necessary to you. They're necessary to you, your friends, and the world. You bleed. And to fight for those things! And to argue those things! And to be yourselves with other people who think as you do and to fight because you are the people who can create the new world and because nobody else can do it. Not the G-ddamn government, or any G-ddamn company. Who I distrust. From left to right. From right to left. I distrust them all. I want to trust people, individuals, human beings, real people who are articulate and who make a craft and who fill their minds with thoughts and fill their hearts with passion.”

No comments:

Post a Comment