Below is a memoir. It is true. It is
true and a thing that happened to me. I'll shoot ya straight. I'll
tell you like it was. In the old days. This is true. This is a true
memoir. Dumb memoir. Pardon the grammar errors. Here.
Reflecting on the
Subject of the Toothfairy
When I found out the toothfairy wasn't
real my blood pressure shot up thirty points. I balled my hands into
fists and glared at that ten year old at my summer camp that had just
disillusioned me with the words “You know the toothfairy is just
your mom, right?” I don't remember what the summer camp was. I
don't remember how old I was. I just remember the moment. This is how
trauma works, folks.
“Eat a dick!” I wanted to shout at
the ten year old, had that been in my vocabulary at the time. Anyway,
the meanest I could come up with at the time would probably be “Eat
a stale pop tart!” Doesn't have the same...
Anyway, I replied “Yeah, I obviously
already knew that.” But I
didn't know that and my cardiovascular system didn't know
what true rage felt like. I was made a clown of. I thought the world
was magic and then... no tooth fairy? I mean... does it even
count as living if your life is toothfairy-free?
Just kidding! Things seem to have
worked out just fine... since getting that news.
A comedy bit. Not a true comedy bit.
But a comedy bit:
- I have this friend in prison... yeah,
that's right... in the
prison of closeted
homosexuality!
- Don't tell him that Jacob told you
though... ya know... my name is mud.
That bit was dumb. You deserve better.
That was a bit that requires a different kind of thinking to come up with...
granted... but different doesn't always mean worse!
Another joke:
- Philosopher Immanuel Kant said that
"Of the crooked timber of humanity, no straight thing can ever
be made." But then how do you explain my straight-up
swagger?
No comments:
Post a Comment